The purpose of this seminar is for those who manage auditors and audit departments to look at the ways and benefits of working together to increase the overall effectiveness of auditors, and to provide a base for ongoing skill development. A continuing theme is how to create an environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, and responsibility, and develop strategies to increase participation and cooperation of the audit staff and effectively manage the audit staff and its resources.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand how to plan, manage, and implement an audit from beginning to end.
- Discuss how to identify, prioritize, and measure risks.
- Understand how to identify, document, and evaluate internal controls.
- Use the preliminary survey to determine how and what to audit.
- Discover the best techniques for gathering audit evidence and preparing work papers.
- Enhance and practice interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Understand the importance of the audit communication process.
- Effectively manage the audit staff and its resources.
- Develop effective channels of communication with the CAE and executive management.
- Master audit management techniques through effective planning, problem solving, motivation, and vision.
- Learn techniques for managing time, assigning and delegating tasks, and documenting and presenting audit results.
- Create an environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, and responsibility, and develop strategies to increase the participation and cooperation of the audit staff.
The following will be covered
The Internal Audit Department’s Structure, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Setting the Tone
- BIZ Case Study Background
- Internal Audit Relationships
- Training and Development
- Audit Planning
- Building Rapport
Fees: Ushs: 800,000 for Members and Ushs: 850,000 for Non Members (covers meals, refreshments and course materials but no accommodation)